2014 Annual Meeting
- For those of you who weren't there, you missed out! It was a wonderful weekend, highlighting 20 years of leadership programming, including:
Seven members of Class I were in attendance and we were able to honor them for paving the way for future classes!
Over $20,000 raised in the live and silent auction and raffle! Thank you for all who donated items, made contributions and bid often!
28 youth participated in the WLI Youth Leadership Institute. Yes, that is a future WLI class!
Eight golfers participated in the golf tournament, with ten holes sponsored-all revenue generated went directly into the WLI Alumni Assistance fund!
We welcomed a new WLI alumni president, Sean Brantley (Class VII)!
We gave out some very special awards-
Burl Long Award - Sandy Stein (Class VII)
Honorary Director Award - Mrs. Gale Trotter
Farm Credit Leadership Award - Eric Hopkins (Class V)
Eugene Trotter Leadership Award - Mike Stuart
- Registration brochures were mailed June 24
- View registration brochure
- View registration form
- View Youth Program info and registration form
- The Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs features six restaurants and lounges, a championship golf course, an Asian-inspired spa, salon and fitness center, a secluded beach island, three pools and Camp Hyatt for children. Book your rooms at by July 18 to take advantage of our special $149/night room rate at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/wlialumnimtg2014 or call 239.444.1234.
- Our keynote speaker on Saturday morning is Dave Specht, whose talk is entitled Preserving Florida’s Most Precious Asset: The Family Farm/Ranch or Lessons from The Family Business Whisperer
- Wedgworth Youth Leadership program includes a day touring the Charlotte Harbor Estuary
- WLI Live and Silent Auction: Don’t miss these fun events that will feature one-of-a-kind items, unique vacation packages and some practical things as well. Here’s your chance to out-bid your fellow alumni! You can donate cash, gift cards, hunts, gift baskets and more. The money is well spent on the alumni assistance fund and other great WLI projects. Here’s the link to donate. https://tmp.wufoo.com/forms/2014-wedgworth-alumni-silent-and-live-auction/ or call Krista Springer-Basore (Class V) at 561.801.2555.
- Nine Hole WLIAA Assistance Fund Golf Tournament at Raptor Bay Golf Course at Coconut Point. Contact Will Womack at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsoring a hole.
- Celebrate WLI’s 20th anniversary with a commemorative tee shirt! It’s hunter green with cream-colored text. Made of 100% cotton, it has taped neck and shoulders with double needle stitch throughout. Preorder to guarantee your size: Adult: S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, 4XL, 5XL $25 each
- More info to come!